Thursday, October 20, 2022

Weather and Ocean Conditions Cancel 10/23 Pelagic

Forecasts of winds of 10-15 kts and gusts to 20 kts, as well as 11 ft swells with 5 ft wind waves, have made it necessary to cancel the pelagic scheduled on Sunday, 10/23, out of Garibaldi. We would also be returning over the bar on an outgoing tide with a high tidal exchange. The charter informed me that they would not be willing to go under these conditions. While we hate to cancel any trip, safety is always a paramount concern, which we take very seriously. Oregon Pelagic Tours is sorry for the convenience. 

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Garibaldi Trip on 10/23 Is Full

 I am pleased to announce that as of 10/12, all places on the Garibaldi pelagic scheduled for 10/23 are taken. Please let me know if you would like to join the Wait List. 

Monday, October 10, 2022

Garibaldi Late October Pelagic Opportunity

Oregon Pelagic Tours is offering an 8-hour pelagic out of Garibaldi on Sunday, October 23. This pelagic was scheduled primarily as a make-up for the cancellation of the October 2 pelagic (mechanical issues), but is open to anyone interested. The cost is $190. We will meet at the Garibaldi Marina at 6:30 am, and the trip will run from 7 am to 3 pm. Up to 5 shearwaters and 2 albatrosses are possible, and late October trips often have Black-legged Kittiwake and other goodies. If interested, please go to the Reservations page, read the information, and follow the instructions to register.